Short-Term Rental Terms and Conditions 1. Agreement In signing our Rental Booking Form and Agreement (the Agreement), all guests agree to the following rental terms and conditions. These terms and conditions of rental and the Agreement constitute a contract between Central Florida Rentals & Management Inc (CFRM Villas) and the lead guest signing the Agreement. The lead guest certifies that he/she is authorized to sign the Agreement on behalf of all named guests, including those added or substituted at a later date. A contract shall only exist until we have received the completed and signed Agreement, the agreed sum (normally the deposit) and the written confirmation.
2. Rental price The rental price includes normal consumption of homeowners’ utilities. It does not include Florida Sales and Tourist Taxes. The home is fully furnished and should include most items you will require for an enjoyable short-term stay. The home will be cleaned before your arrival and on your departure unless additional services are otherwise also requested from us and funded normally by you. Credit card or other charges may be made, as advised on the Agreement, at the time of making any payments to cover normal commissions otherwise payable by the owners.
3. Occupancy Under normal circumstances, the rental will begin at 4:00 pm on the planned date of arrival and end at 11:00 am on the planned date of departure. Early arrival and/or late departure times are subject to availability and agreement with either the owners or our property managers (referred to in the Agreement). During your stay, it may be necessary for staff and/or agents of “CFRM” to enter the premises to perform routine maintenance and/or repairs. Further, whilst the privacy of guests will always be respected and reasonable advance notice always given where possible, the owners also reserve the right to access the property at any time during your stay. Pets and smoking are not permitted at any time inside the rental property. To protect the property and out of courtesy to our neighbors, use by guests of a barbeque grill is also not permitted unless the prior express agreement of the owners has been obtained. Smoking is permitted within the pool area, provided that ash trays are used. ** By law, the maximum number of persons staying overnight in our home is stated on the Rental Agreement **. Under Florida State law, only persons named in the Agreement are entitled to stay in the property. Once all (final) monies due have been received in respect of the property rental, a further communication will be sent to the principal guest with detailed directions, information on how to access the property and to switch the security alarm system on and off. Our home has a keyless locking system on the front door of the property for your convenience (late arrivals, etc.) No sub-letting by guests is permitted.
4. Reservations Procedure Initial reservations can be agreed by e-mail, fax or by telephone. Reservations must be confirmed by returning a completed, signed Rental Agreement, accompanied by an agreed deposit, normally $175.00. Deposits are non-refundable except as provided below (in clause 7). Full payment for rental (or the balance due less any deposit paid) must be made by no
later than 60 days prior to the planned arrival date. If payment is not received by the due date, your reservation may be cancelled, and your deposit forfeited.
5. Security Deposit So far as possible, to prevent flagrant abuse of and damage to our property, credit card details must also be provided at the time of signing and returning the Rental Agreement. As is customary when making a reservation at a hotel or motel, a security deposit will be required before arrival to cover accidental breakages, losses or damage that may occur while staying at the villa. CFRM Villas requires a one-time Limited Accidental Damage Waiver fee of $45.00. Be advised that guests will be held liable for deliberate damage caused to the property. Notwithstanding, damages or abnormal consumption of homeowner’s utilities are to be paid in full without limitation of security deposit.
6. Reasonable care of the property All guests are asked to treat the property, its furnishings, fittings, utensils and other facilities with due care and respect. It is expected that you will leave the property in a reasonably clean and orderly condition and that that you will comply with all notices displayed within our home, many of which are for your welfare and safety. If an accident and damage occur whilst you are in residence, please call Central Florida Rentals immediately who will endeavor to put right the problem or loss of availability as soon as reasonably practicable. Guests are expected to leave the property in a reasonably clean and orderly condition and all kitchen utensils should be cleaned or place in the dishwasher. Guests are also reminded that Florida has a tropical climate and is therefore a home to many, many insects, etc. Our home is treated on a regular basis to repel such unwanted visitors, but inevitably they will occasionally find their way into the property. They are best dealt with by spraying with an appropriate product. The problem can be greatly reduced if food and/or crumbs are not left on worktops, tables, floors and/or in the pool area and if any spills are cleaned up immediately. It is also important to remember to close all windows and doors whenever possible, both to keep bugs out and to help the air conditioning system to function properly. This also helps keep running costs down. N.B. Guests are strongly encouraged to report even the most minor of issues to our managers at CFRM Villas when staying at the house (e.g., low batteries in the smoke detectors, non-functioning light bulbs, any sign of bugs, etc.). Please call 863-421-0905 during office hours to report any issue.
7. Cancellations Policy All cancellations by guests must be confirmed in writing and will be subject to the following penalties:
• 4 weeks before planned arrival date: 100% of the full rental cost.
• 4 weeks or more, but less than 6 weeks prior to planned arrival date: Loss of 50% of full rental cost In the highly exceptional circumstances of the owners or managers having to cancel a planned or confirmed booking,
CFRM Villas will endeavor to locate a suitable alternative rental property and to agree suitability with guests. If this is not possible, then any monies paid will be refunded in full, but without interest and/or other compensation or liability for loss. Neither the property owners, nor the managers accept any responsibility (and no compensation will be payable) if cancellation and/or changes to the terms of the booking are brought about, or become necessary, due to war or threat of war, riot, civil commotion, terrorist act, industrial dispute, natural disaster, fire, flood, nuclear incident, adverse weather conditions and/or any other highly significant and extraordinary event beyond the reasonable control of the owners and/or managers. In addition to the above, neither the owners, nor CFRM Villas will accept responsibility for the closure or congestion of airports, technical problems with transportation or cancellation or schedule changes by carriers, whether schedule or charter.
8. Alterations Policy All requests to alter a confirmed booking must be made in writing to CFRM Villas and must be confirmed by CFRM Villas in writing. Whilst every effort will be made to accommodate any request to alter a booking (subject to availability), we can make no guarantee that this will be possible. If an alteration is not possible and the guest decides to cancel, the above Cancellations Policy will apply.
9. General Health, Safety and Risk Neither the owners, nor the property managers accept liability or responsibility for any injury caused because of the use of the property, pool and/or spa. It is the responsibility of all adult party members to ensure that children are always properly supervised whilst in around the pool area. By law, children are not allowed in the pool, spa or pool area unattended. Posted pool rules must be adhered to while in the pool area. For their own safety, guests are also specifically requested not to use the pool whilst under the influence of alcohol, medication and/or any other mind-altering substances. Alarms on the doors leading to the pool area must not be switched off, tampered with or in any other way disabled. If the property has a security alarm system, it must be switched on every time the property is unattended or vacated. Neither the owners, nor CFRM Villas accept responsibility for any loss of personal items whilst staying in the property or after departure. It is the responsibility of guests to take out appropriate travel insurance or the insurance offered by CFRM Villas to cover all aspects of your trip and to ensure that passports, visas, and other documents are in order. Keeping valuables in the property is at your own risk; we accept no responsibility for lost or stolen property. Although most hospitals must treat emergencies, thereafter medical care can be extremely expensive and for this reason all guests are urged to ensure that all members of your party have appropriate and adequate insurance.
10. Pool and/or Spa Heating The use of the pool heating cannot guarantee the actual temperature of the water in the pool. This is dependent upon many factors, including (for illustration) the ambient temperature, general weather conditions, the number of people using the pool and whether the pool cover is placed over the pool when it is not in use. In severe weather, for their own safety, guests may not be able to use the pool or the pool heating at all. Whilst all appropriate maintenance will, of course, be undertaken to maintain the pool heater to a good working standard, it is not possible to guarantee that the pool heating will be able to heat the water to a temperature comfortable enough to swim in. Guests will find it useful to use the pool cover when the pool is not in use. Despite the above elements, which are beyond the control of the owners and managers, all charges will be made to heat the pool where these have been requested by guests. Pool heat is an additional service for an extra cost offered by the homeowner for your enjoyment. However, machines can and do break down. If the pool heater fails during your visit, every reasonable effort will be made to have it repaired in a timely manner. However, neither the owner nor the management company can be held responsible if for reasons beyond their control, heating cannot be restored promptly. If it is not possible to have a repair done on time, then a refund will be made to the guest for the time that the pool heater was inoperable, but without interest and/or other compensation or liability for loss.
11. Legal Disclaimer Every care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of all information and marketing materials provided. However, despite the best endeavors of those involved in making your stay an enjoyable one, it may occasionally be the case that certain services and facilities may not be available, perhaps if only for a very short period, for reasons typically beyond our control. Examples of such causes might be routine maintenance and/or renovation works, adverse weather and/or damage by a previous guest, where there has been insufficient time to remedy this in advance of your arrival. Where we are aware that a facility or service advertised in the information provided will not be available during the period of your stay, we will take steps, wherever possible, to notify you prior to travel. Some furnishings and fittings may also differ from that advertised. Breach of contract: In accordance with the State of Florida’s Statute 509, failure by any member of a lead guest’s party to comply with the terms and conditions set out in this and related documents may result in the booking being cancelled and/or terminated. In such circumstances, all monies will be forfeited and the owners, the management company CFRM Villas and/or agents accept no liability for any consequential loss incurred by any guest. In the event of damages caused to the property in excess of the security deposit, the lead guest and party will be held responsible and must make restitution without limit to security deposit. In the rare event that such an event happens, CFRM Villas reserves the right to collect reasonable fees associated with procuring payments.
12. Complaint or Dissatisfaction In the unlikely event of a problem arising in connection with your stay (other than in respect of the booking process itself with us, the owners), it should be discussed first with our local property managers. Every attempt will be made to resolve any problem or dispute without delay. For obvious reasons, neither the owners, nor the managers can be held liable for certain issues beyond our control, for instance, the actions or failures of any third party or public utility and other acts and/or events, such as those listed in clause 7.
13. Definitions Property Management Company: Central Florida Rentals & Management, Inc. (CFRM Villas) Lead guest: the person required to sign the legal Agreement on behalf of all guests for each stay who are listed on the Rental Booking Form and Agreement (“the Agreement?), including any subsequent amendments to the party. The lead guest agrees to the terms and conditions on behalf of all agreed guests listed in the Agreement and otherwise amended. The lead guest must be a member of the party planning to stay at the property and be a minimum of 21 years of age.